- Education is different to schooling. Schooling can involve little education, and education can occur without schooling.
- Time may be the biggest cost of education.
- Education: is it about learning, signalling, self-acculturation, learning to submit to authority, or something else?
- Half the students are below average, and only 10-20% of students should go to university.
- University is a bubble.
- In today’s world, one of the biggest impediments to an education is yourself.
- University education is mainly a private good, not a public good.
- Education is an arms race.
- Deregulate university fees only after the removal of subsidies and government loans. Until then, keep the cap on. Uneven deregulation is a cause of many problems and is partly why markets get blamed when things go wrong..